Monday, June 25, 2007

The Rich Coast


This week's running will be interrupted by a trip south. While not nearly as far south as my last trip, I will be heading down to Costa Rica on Thursday. Actually, this is really my wife's extended vacation. I will simply be a temporary interloper for a week. She recently left her job after more than a decade and will be spending the better part of the month in a vacation rental on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica in a town called Manuel Antonio. The picture above is the deck on the backside of the house. If the place is even a fraction as beautiful as the pictures it should be a amazing. She leaves tonight (actually, very early tomorrow morning) and won't be back until late July. I'm hoping it will be more than enough time to rest, relax and worry about nothing more stressful than whether she should visit the beach or the rainforest. Since it is a 3-bedroom house, she will be having some visitors during her stay, starting with me. I will be arriving there on Thursday and returning after the 4th of July. Yes, I will inevitably do some running, explore some trails and whatever other adventures I can get myself into. However, I too hope to get a bit of R&R time in and enjoy the simplicity of just being.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like absolute heaven, steve. i am sure she deserves that kind of time off and i am glad you are able to get away and share a little of that heaven with her. i look forward to the awesome photos that you will surely be sharing with us and great reports of the local terrain. enjoy yourself!

Miki said...

I hope your wife finds lots of peace and relaxation. Enjoy yourself as well. :)
Sorry about your foot incident by the way. Ouch.

Unknown said...

giggle...24hrs until paradise.

Steve Ansell said...

Matt & Miki, yep, well deserved rest and relaxation. Well, deserved in her case if not mine since she is the one that has to put up with the running obsessed husband :-)

Olga said...

Wonderful place it is! I hope you'll be able to heal your cuts from the post before by submerging them into this cool-looking pool:)